Scientist/Senior Scientist, Protein Homeostasis
Proteostasis Therapeutics is developing disease-modifying therapeutics for cystic fibrosis, genetic diseases and neurodegenerative diseases. The Company’s technology combines both phenotypic- and target-based drug discovery to develop therapeutics that modulate protein homeostasis pathways and correct for imbalances in protein folding, trafficking, and clearance. For more information, please visit www.proteostasis.com.
We seek to hire talented people and to create an environment that facilitates continued professional growth. The extensive and ongoing work with our founders and collaborators adds an outward-looking, collaborative aspect to the company’s culture. This blend of internal and external talent, combined with cutting-edge science and an innovative business model, make Proteostasis Therapeutics an exceptional place to work.
Position Title: Scientist/Senior Scientist, Protein Homeostasis
Designs, implements and executes scientific research and development projects in collaboration with a larger research team. Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, projects and problems. Plans and executes laboratory research. Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theory. Makes major contributions to scientific literature and conferences. Acts as spokesperson on corporate research and development. Participates in development of patent applications. May be responsible for management and professional development of research group. Interfaces with various departments.
Projects require expert and extensive knowledge of advanced principles, theories and concepts in area of protein homeostasis. Contributes to the development of principles and concepts new to the field.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The individual will become a key member of a team involved in the discovery and development of small molecule therapeutics acting through modulation of proteostasis network.
- Primary responsibility is to generate cell-based data to support project progression, to advance understanding of the target biology and mechanism of action of compounds.
- Participate in and contribute to cross-functional program teams and collaborative interactions, including presentations, data analysis, experimental design, and manuscript preparation.
- Work closely with and may mentor associate scientists to perform duties related to these goals.
Qualifications & Skills
- PhD with extensive research experience in basic cellular, molecular and/or developmental biology, and a minimum of 0-2 years in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent.
- Expertise in cellular and molecular techniques including gene editing techniques such as CRISPR, Western botting, immunoprecipitation, enzymatic assays, real-time PCR, primary cell culture.
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize activities and prioritize tasks to meet schedules and deadline.
- Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge in animal models and histopathology is a plus.
** To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to: Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org