Proteostasis Therapeutics is developing disease-modifying therapeutics for cystic fibrosis, genetic diseases and neurodegenerative diseases. The Company’s technology combines both phenotypic and target based drug discovery to develop therapeutics that modulate protein homeostasis pathways and correct for imbalances in protein folding, trafficking, and clearance. For more information, please visit www.proteostasis.com.
We seek to hire talented people and to create an environment that facilitates continued professional growth. The extensive and ongoing work with our founders and collaborators adds an outward-looking, collaborative aspect to the company’s culture. This blend of internal and external talent, combined with cutting-edge science and an innovative business model, make Proteostasis Therapeutics an exceptional place to work.
Position Title: Program Manager
The Program Manager is responsible for supporting Proteostasis Therapeutics, Inc. in the planning, executing and implementation of programs. The Program Manager will serve as a primary point of contact for the team members insuring all activities are completed to meet the company’s goals and objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage timelines, lead project planning, and coordinate deliverables in collaboration with program leads
- Work closely with the functional heads and SVP Clinical Development Operations (SVP Clinical Development Operations) to update relevant stakeholders weekly on progress in all programs
- Key coordinator of programs – work closely with Project Lead (PL) and senior scientific staff to create project plans
- Responsible for working with SVP Clinical Development Operations to deliver weekly agendas and meeting minutes to program teams
- Assign roles, deadlines and responsibilities to each of the tasks for all programs
- Track all activities within each specific program and ensure deadlines and deliverables are met; which includes developing risks and mitigation plans
- Communicate to department heads any delays and coordinate the mitigation plan
- Ensure resources are well distributed to meet deadlines such that deliverables are met
- Responsible for ensuring all department heads and all stakeholders are aligned with all ongoing efforts within each of the programs
- Develop forms and records to document program activities and use as communication tools
- Set up files to ensure that all program information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of programs and make adjustments as necessary with the PL to ensure the successful completion of the program goals and objectives
- Work with legal and finance to facilitate activities tied to the department and the programs
- Responsible for scheduling all partnership meetings as well as weekly or ad hoc program meetings
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the team
- Supervises and mentors team members and ensures team members understand project objectives, specifications, deliverables, timelines and tasks
- Other duties as required or assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree – preferably in Project Management
- A minimum of 5 years PM experience in a biotech or related industry; 5 years of experience preferred
- Problem solving and strong communication skills a necessity
- Proficient with computer applications, and proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient with MS Project
- Ability to work with teams to support strategies through implementation to support corporate goals
- Able to learn and master other computer technology / software programs as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
** To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to: Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org